Friday, February 8, 2008

This would bring me the greatest of glee

In which our Diva demonstrates that she is pink and girly and squeeful and fond of kicking ass and blowing shit up

Having lots of fun with the Great Big Ball of Operatic Fluff, but I will definitely be ready for a change of pace when it's done. Ideally one (or more) of three things: Weird and artsy. Plenty of snark. Kicking of ass. In that last category, blowing shit up would not be unwelcome.

Which is why I'm going to schlep it up to Milwaukee next Saturday to audition for this flick. I've heard good things about these guys through the grapevine, and fully expect their stuff to start showing up as SciFi "original movies" any day now. As much as we mock those from the living room, I am totally down with that notion.

I'm also filled with glee at the mental image of survivors mounting a resistance from the top floors of the Sears Tower. And a bit of glee at the women's audition side (it's not uncommon to use other people's movies as audition pieces) being Fry from Pitch Black, because it bodes well for the kind of roles they're looking to fill. Fry was seventeen flavors of awesome, in the best Ripley tradition of ordinary grunt forced into heroism.

And I love that it's that scene -- when she's been insisting "I'm not the captain!" every five minutes since the beginning of the movie, and all of a sudden, bam, "I am the captain of this ship and I am not leaving anyone behind!" Now to memorize it and not be intimidated influenced by Radha Mitchell's home run...

If this puppy has characters even remotely like that? How wide a patch of broken glass do I have to crawl across?

No comments: